Can't find my website (piercebooks.com)? Sorry, I have decided to shut it down in order to focus on this blog page. All the same information but updated regularly! Thanks!

Check out all my books on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's An Instant Satisfaction World

I saw this writer, Jon Ronson, on The Daily Show two nights ago talking about his new book, The Psychopath Test (he also wrote Men Who Stare at Goats-I liked the movie).  His interview really peaked my interest because 1) my new book (coming mid June) is a psychological thriller and some of the things he was discussing relate directly to my fiction book an 2) he was very entertaining.  A good sign for the writer of a non-fiction book.
I wanted to read his book.  So, of course, I checked online and the price is 12.99.  High!  I downloaded a sample but, by the time all the title and copyright stuff was done, there were only three pages of actual book.  Three really good pages.  I still wanted this book.  So, I did what I always do.  I checked the library.  They don't have it yet.  And there is no sign they are getting it any time soon.
All day long I have been thinking about this book and how I want to read it.  I need to read it. It could be research for the final touches on my own book, right?  It's been about 24 hours since I first heard of this book and I am so close to just buying it for my nook.Where is my patience?  My outrage at the 12.99 price?  Oh, it's there.  But I want this book.
Is this what the world is coming too?  This instant satisfying of every want with the touch of a button?  If so, I like it!
P.S. I bought the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment