Can't find my website (piercebooks.com)? Sorry, I have decided to shut it down in order to focus on this blog page. All the same information but updated regularly! Thanks!

Check out all my books on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rejected Book Covers

First, the new tour stop today is Lauriehere.  Please stop by and leave a comment.  One commentor will win a copy of Secrets.
Next, my own tour post:
I think I have posted about the importance of a book cover before (as have many).  So I thought I would post a couple of the other possible covers I was considering for Secrets.  You will see they are almost identical to what I did end up using.  What I can't show you are the sixty photos I took just to get this one that worked for me.  Yes, sixty photos.  I went close up, far away, different angles, different lighting, a larger circuit board, no flashlight, etc.  I am so glad for my next book (The Devil's Game coming this month) I have a cowriter who is also an awesome artist and photographer, who did our cover!
So are a couple of covers I didn't use:

2 comments:

  1. Must say the one you went with is the best one of these three. The photographer in me is curious to see the other 60 photos. I think the font choice is what really grabs the viewer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Barbra - I am the anti pack rat and those photos were deleted the day after I chose the cover:( I will agree, looking back, that I made the best choice!

    ReplyDelete