Can't find my website (piercebooks.com)? Sorry, I have decided to shut it down in order to focus on this blog page. All the same information but updated regularly! Thanks!

Check out all my books on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Am I That Desperate for Twitter Followers?

I have been trying to increase my twitter followers and have been going through lots and lots of users.  I try to choose readers and writers (since writers are also readers).  But once in a while I get someone following me who is obviously just selling something.  I mean we are all 'selling' something but these are the ones who are only selling. You know what I mean.  I don't follow back but twice now I've given in.  I mean one had over 25,000 followers and one had over 100,000 followers.  And they are following me. How can I resist that?  And it doesn't seen like they are dropping people.  They follow almost as many as are following them.  I mean, if they retweet me even once, that's a lot of publicity.
So what's your opinion on these twitterers.  Am I desperate or smart?  What do you do?

And can anyone explain how you are following 900 people, have a couple following you and have just 1 tweet?

4 comments:

  1. I think you are very smart. Some of the people that have 100k followers are not spammers. You are right about the exposure. If they even RT you once, they are giving you exposure. I don't pay attention to my timeline. I use Tweetdeck and only watch my columns. I have columns for hashtags and lists that I created for the twitterers that I'm interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try messaging one and ask them to RT something for you. And let me know how that works out for you. I'm to chicken to try it first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lili and Larry, I need to give tweetdeck another try so I can see which people I follow don't really tweet. I think I will message one and see if they will RT. Good idea Larry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a great site to buy social media fans. Socialkik You can buy facebook twitter youtube fans in a very good rate then other sites. This is extremely good. I dealt with it and I was 100% satisfied of it's work. Must try it.

    ReplyDelete